Suffering from overconfidence ? Try the Mapleton 8 this Saturday, May 1st. Eight grueling laps around Mapleton Park. Details:
- All participants must be members of the club
- Start time is 8:30 A.M. Finish time is 6:30 P.M.
- Starting point is Parking Lot 2 on Gorge Road. See map above.
- You must sign in with the volunteer at the start of your walk. Additionally you must check-in with the volunteer after completing each lap.
- Follow the main path, see yellow arrows above.
- All finishers of the 8 laps will be eligible to participate in a draw for 3 gift baskets.
- Gift baskets include a free MOE membership for a year, selected coupons, and other treats, see sponsors for more details.
- Lianna Redpath of Sport Chek donated three $25.00 gift cards.
- Troy MacMillan of Cleve’s Source for Sports donated a tote bag containing a platypus soft water bottle, a Buff hat, hiking socks, a really nice tin cup and a few other things.
- James McNutt of Bent Spokes Bicycle Shop donated 2 gift certificates entitling the bearer to a free bike tune-up (value $40.00).
- Kevin Stewart and Jim Goguen of My Bike Shop on Halifax Street donated two t-shirts and a small backpack. That is the backpack that is being used as one of the gift baskets.
- Outdoor Enthusiasts is contributing 3 bottles of wine, 3 bricks of maple cream, 3 containers of maple butter (these items are New Brunswick based and most of them local) and 3 large bags of nut mixtures, as well as 3 total free memberships.
A big thanks to Karen Reynolds and her friend Lana for putting together these gift baskets.